|Short Definition:||It is a cryptovirus which locks sites and web files to demand ransom.|
|Distribution Method:||Bundling technique, unsafe network, etc.|
|Algorithm Used:||AES 256 and RSA 2048|
|Detection:||Detect KCW Ransomware with free scan|
Brief on KCW Ransomware
KCW Ransomware is a cryptovirus which is currently used to encrypt the web files. It is a PHP based ransomware which is targeted for encrypting the online files and as well as websites. The file extension is used as .kcwenc to lock the data. The encrypted websites are locked by the team Team Kerala Cyber Warriors which says that “Your site is infected by KCW ransomware.” firstly this ransomware has encrypted the planavent.com and arainwelfare.org websites.
Distribution technique of the KCW Ransomware
KCW Ransomware is distributed by the bundling technique which is broadly used by the hackers. The freeware when get installed into your system, this ransomware easily invade inside this. The spam attachments are also very vital method to inject the ransomware. When you open the attachments which are send by the unknown senders, you give the chance to penetrate this ransomware quickly into your system. Also when you transfer the files from unsafe network or peer to peer network, it may possible that your system get KCW Ransomware inside your computer. Visiting the low quality websites are also one of the major technique by which this ransomware get penetrated inside the computer.
The bad impacts of the KCW Ransomware
KCW Ransomware is very harmful. It drops the ransom note on your desktop and give warning message. The hackers warn you to pay the cash in bitcoin and also they give the deadline to pay the amount within the prescribed time. They warn you that if you will not pay the amount as per the indicated hours, your files get deleted permanently by them. They actually give you threatening by this type of warning. If you will pay the amount you will be get cheated by them. So, don’t pay the cash and remove the KCW Ransomware quickly from your computer by following the instructions here.
Easy Steps To Remove KCW Ransomware Manually
KCW Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of KCW Ransomware.
KCW Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove KCW Ransomwarefrom it.
KCW Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select KCW Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select KCW Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete KCW Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any KCW Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
KCW Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
KCW Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select KCW Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
KCW Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select KCW Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
KCW Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select KCW Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.