Technical Details on .ecc files virus
|Name||.ecc files virus|
|Description||.ecc files virus can make your system's files inaccessible by encoding them and asks you to pay ransom money to get the decryptor.|
|Possible Symptoms||Performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download .ecc files virus Scanner to confirm the attack of .ecc files virus.|
All You Need To Know About .ecc files virus
According to the security professionals, .ecc files virus is a new variant of TeslaCrypt ransomware virus which is reported as one of the most dangerous file-encoder virus. It belongs to the family of precarious cyber infection i.e. 'ransomware' which works in a very sneaky way. Just like any other computer threats, this malware can invade your system silently. After getting inside your machine, the threat takes your vital system files as hostage and then ask you to pay a hefty sum of ransom money in order to get those files back in the previous stage. Technically speaking, .ecc files virus launches a malicious process onto the compromised system and search for a specific file types to encode them.
Furthermore, it makes the encoded files inaccessible for the victimized users by adding a weird '.ecc' extension onto them. What's more, the malware deletes the original copies of every encrypted files and leaves the altered version in its place. Unfortunately, the victims of this dangerous ransomware virus cannot open the files without having a right decryption key. After doing this, .ecc files virus drops a ransom note that can be identified as 'HELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES' or 'HELP_RESTORE_FILES' in each and every folders containing affected files. These ransom notifications can be saved on your system as '.bmp' or '.txt' files.
Is It Necessary To Pay Asked Ransom Money?
The displayed note contains information about what has happened to your files and what you need to do is to resolve this mess. All in all, hackers behind .ecc files virus will ask you to pay ransom fee in the form of Bitcoin cryptocurrency by using a TOR browser in order to get the files back after this vicious attack. It is never recommended to pay ransom fee demanded by the operators of this nasty cyber infection. There is no guarantee that even if you pay the asked ransom money to the malware developers, you will get the right decryption key. Thus, instead of paying ransom fee to the criminal hackers, you should delete .ecc files virus and use alternative method for file recovery.
Easy Steps To Remove .ecc files virus Manually
.ecc files virus is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of .ecc files virus.
.ecc files virus Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove .ecc files virusfrom it.
.ecc files virus Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select .ecc files virus and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select .ecc files virus and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete .ecc files virus From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any .ecc files virus files then remove it immediately.
.ecc files virus Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
.ecc files virus Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select .ecc files virus and other associated program and click trash bin.
.ecc files virus Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select .ecc files virus and other associated program and click Remove button.
.ecc files virus Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select .ecc files virus and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.