Project57 Ransomware : Identified As Russian Cryptovirus
These days, a new Russian crypto-virus named Project57 Ransomware has been found on Internet. Some of the security analysts are identified it as an open source threat that uses outdated Delphi and PHP file encryption algorithm for encrypting users data like their audio or video clips, images, spreadsheets, PDFs, databases, documents and many more. Upon locking files successfully, it displays a text file on user screen named DECRYPT.txt that serves as a ransom note. Since ransom note is written in Russian language, most of the users think that it mainly targeted Russian users but it is wrong because it is capable to affects user all over the world. Before knowing too much information of Project57 Ransomware and it's deletion solution, see how ransom note looks like :
|Threat Profile of Project57 Ransomware|
|Threat's Name||Project57 Ransomware|
|Affected PCs||Windows OS|
|Encipher Used||Delphi/ SHA-256|
|File Extension||.[[email protected]].костя баранин|
|Mainly Targeted||Russian Users|
|Ransom Note||DECRYPT.txt, DECRYPT.html|
|Occurrences||Spam campaigns, bundling method, torrent downloads, file sharing network, hacked domain, infected device, exploit kits etc.|
|Removal Recommendations||To delete Project57 Ransomware and decrypt files, download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Actions That Performed By Project57 Ransomware On PC
- Gets inside the PC automatically.
- Stops Computer's security measures and firewall setting.
- Initiates file encryption procedure using advanced encryption algorithm.
- Renames the affected files by adding .[[email protected]].костя баранин file extension.
- Prevents affected users from opening their files.
- Drops several fake messages, notifications or alerts on your screen.
- Displays a ransom note entitled as DECRYT.txt in Russian language etc.
Detailed Information of Ransom Note Displayed By Project57 Ransomware
Project57 Ransomware drops a text file or html file that includes an information for indicating that your all files are locked. In order to decrypt files or retrieve them, it encourages user to contact with its developer via [email protected] email-address and transfer 0 Bitcoin to Bitcoin wallet address for getting decryption tool. But before believing on ransom message or paying ransom fee, you must know that Project57 Ransomware is in still development phase and hackers don't provide you to deliver decryption key even paying ransom fee. Therefore, it is highly advised to follow Project57 Ransomware removal guide instead of believing on ransom note.
Easy Steps To Remove Project57 Ransomware Manually
Project57 Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Project57 Ransomware.
Project57 Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Project57 Ransomwarefrom it.
Project57 Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Project57 Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Project57 Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Project57 Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Project57 Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
Project57 Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Project57 Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Project57 Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
Project57 Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Project57 Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
Project57 Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Project57 Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.