Unique Facts of GottaCry Ransomware
GottaCry Ransomware is another ransomware that causes lots of serious trouble for targeted users. If you think that it also locks your valuable data then you are wrong because it deletes almost all files stored on Desktop screen instead of locking data as well as file. But it also delivers a ransom note where they informs victim that if user turns off Windows PC blatantly then it will delete their system. In the ransom note, hackers also includes 2 big and red eyes to trick several System users into believing on it and asks for paying ransom fee in BTC of $50 or $70 via the PayPal. Instead of delivering an email address, it's developer delivers a discorded username named Russen#6061. Before you get more information of GottaCry Ransomware, take a look on it's ransom note :
|Threat Profile of GottaCry Ransomware|
|Threat's Name||GottaCry Ransomware|
|Type||Data wiper, Ransomware|
|Message of Ransom Fee||Pop-up window|
|Related||Virus-encoder Ransomware, Radman Ransomware, EZDZ Ransomware etc.|
|Ransom Fee||$50 in BTC or $70 via PayPal|
|File Retrieval||Possible, to get files back user's must follow GottaCry Ransomware removal guidelines using Windows Scanner Tool.|
Transmission Tendencies of GottaCry Ransomware
GottaCry Ransomware is another dangerous ransomware that uses sneaky and illegal method to get inside the machine. It mainly uses spam campaigns includes malicious attachment. By offering spam messages and malicious attachment in Inbox, it tricks people into opening them. If users opened, it infects machine by GottaCry Ransomware and other malicious malware. Another potential sources of this ransomware are unreliable software updater, bundling method, P2P file sharing network, free download webpage, free file hosting site and many more.
Safeguard Tricks To Protect PC Against The Attack of GottaCry Ransomware
- Avoid yourself from opening of spam emails.
- Always use official site and trusted sources to install any package.
- Avoid to use torrent client, P2P network and another related sources.
- Keep your application and software up-to-date.
- Never use directed or third-party link to update your software.
- Keep a backup copy of your crucial files regularly and much more.
Easy Steps To Remove GottaCry Ransomware Manually
GottaCry Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of GottaCry Ransomware.
GottaCry Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove GottaCry Ransomwarefrom it.
GottaCry Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select GottaCry Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select GottaCry Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete GottaCry Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any GottaCry Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
GottaCry Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
GottaCry Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select GottaCry Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
GottaCry Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select GottaCry Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
GottaCry Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select GottaCry Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.