Introductory Details of Vapor Ransomware
Vapor Ransomware is another file encrypting virus created by hackers to extort money from novice users. It uses strong AES file encryption algorithm to lock user files and marks the affected file with .Vapor file extension. After targeting files completely, making them inaccessible, it delivers a ransom note and instructs victims to contact with Vapor Ransomware developers to get files back. Hackers often deliver 48 hours to write an email or contact with hackers. Before you get more information about Vapor Ransomware, take a closer look at it's ransom note :
Quick Analysis View on Vapor Ransomware
|Name of Threat||Vapor Ransomware|
|Threat Type||Cryptovirus, Ransomware|
|Affected PCs||Windows OS|
|Provided Time||48 hours|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Removal Solution||To delete Vapor Ransomware and decrypt .Vapor file, you must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Distribution Medium of Vapor Ransomware
It is hard to say about the exact propagation channel of Vapor Ransomware. But since it is another member of Ransomware family, so it can be suspected that it mainly spreads via spam email campaigns. Hackers usually send spam emails that include suspicious attachment to user inbox and trick them into opening those suspicious attachment. Once System users download or opened those suspicious attachment then Vapor Ransomware automatically get inside the PC. Vapor Ransomware can also infects Windows PC via fake software updater, untrustworthy download sources, pirated software, hacked domain, contaminated devices, exploit kits and much more.
Working Mechanism of Vapor Ransomware
Being a invasive and silent intruder, Vapor Ransomware uses lots of deceptive ways to compromise machine. As soon as it gets installed inside the PC, it immediately start its malicious attack by modifying user System files and the Windows registry key. It automatically add Vapor Ransomware1.exe, executable file to start itself automatically. Then after it initiates encryption procedure by scanning PC in deep. Upon performing encryption procedure, it reveals an additional information that states user to contact with hackers within 48 hours. Despite of all, experts instructs victims to not pay ransom demanded fee to Vapor Ransomware developer because hackers are untrustworthy.
Safeguard Tips To Avoid PC Against Vapor Ransomware and Other Ransomware
- Be careful while doing online work.
- Don't open any spam message or attachment.
- Always use trusted sources to download from Internet.
- Avoid yourself from clicking on malicious link or suspicious advert.
- Don't visit any hacked or malicious domain.
Easy Steps To Remove Vapor Ransomware Manually
Vapor Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Vapor Ransomware.
Vapor Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Vapor Ransomwarefrom it.
Vapor Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Vapor Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Vapor Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Vapor Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Vapor Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
Vapor Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Vapor Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Vapor Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
Vapor Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Vapor Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
Vapor Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Vapor Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.