Understand Lapoi Ransomware
Lapoi Ransomware is a file encrypting ransomware which encrypts personal data of the users. It is a family member of STOP Ransomware. It blackmails victims who are affected with this ransomware to earn ransom money(in Bitcoins). It uses .lapoi extension to mark in the encoded files of the victims. It leaves a ransom note _readme.txt on victim's PC to pressurize the victims for the decryption. It targets all popular useful web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
Lapoi Ransomware generally expanded through fake ads, fake system requests, spam emails, contagious web pages, pornographic websites, spam email attachments, infected USB drives, fake software updater's/crackers, third party software download sources, spam email campaigns, unofficial download sources, freeware and shareware download websites, free file hosting sites, Peer-to-Peer networks, torrent websites, malicious advertisements, infected email attachments etc.
Lapoi Ransomware corrupts all important data of the users which includes documents, archives, backups, databases, images, videos, music and others. It also erases all the Shadow Volume Copies from the Windows Operating System as well.
Enable and always configure Windows Firewall Settings. Install well reliable anti-malware application software on PC. Check your PC regularly for available software updates. Disable macros from MS office documents. Always use strong and long passwords to keep your PC safe from Lapoi Ransomware. Don't try to open any suspicious attachments or links on computer system. Always try to backup your important data. Always try to choose Custom Installation for every software installation. Always try to un-check all hidden options. Always try to scan all downloaded attachments of email before opening it. Don't try to open any suspicious or unknown looking spam email attachments. Don't try to update any applications coming from non-official websites. Don't try visit any pornographic websites.
Lapoi Ransomware can be permanently deleted from PC by two different modes. Automatic and Manual mode. In Manual mode, it needs excellent knowledge of PC whereas in Automatic mode, it doesn't require such things. Hence, we recommend to use Automatic mode for best results in deleting.
Easy Steps To Remove Lapoi Ransomware Manually
Lapoi Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Lapoi Ransomware.
Lapoi Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Lapoi Ransomwarefrom it.
Lapoi Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Lapoi Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Lapoi Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Lapoi Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Lapoi Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
Lapoi Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Lapoi Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Lapoi Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
Lapoi Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Lapoi Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
Lapoi Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Lapoi Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.