Descriptive Note On Wiki Ransomware
Wiki Ransomware has been identified as a well known variant of Dharma Ransomware that locks user files by adding .wiki file extension. Some of the malware researchers are identified it as .wiki file virus just because of it's file extension. The propagation method and notorious behavior of Wiki Ransomware is similar to it's predecessor variant. It locks entire system files using strong algorithm, makes them inaccessible by adding .wiki file extension and then deliver a ransom note which instructs victim on how to recover system files. Like other variant of Dharma, presence of Wiki Ransomware will also cause too much troubles to you. So, you must take an immediate action regarding deletion of Wiki Ransomware.
Threat Profile of Wiki Ransomware
- Name of Threat – Wiki Ransomware
- Type – Cryptovirus, Ransomware, File Encrypting Virus
- Threat Level – High
- Affected PCs – Windows 32 & 64
- Related – 1BTC Ransomware, KICK Ransomware, KARLS Ransomware etc.
- Description – Wiki Ransomware is another member of infamous Dharma family that locks entire System files and ask victims for ransom fee.
- Occurrences – Spam emails, junk mail attachments, pirated software, contaminated devices, hacked domain etc.
- Removal – Possible, to get rid of Wiki Ransomware and decrypt your files, scan your Windows PC with Windows Scanner Tool.
In-Depth Info of Ransom Note Displayed By Wiki Ransomware
Wiki Ransomware displays same ransom note as other variant of Dharma displayed. Like other variant, it's developers also want you to pay ransom for the files restoration. By displaying ransom message, it informs users that your all system files are locked with RSA1024. To restore files, it instructs victim to write email to [email protected] It also informs users that their secret key is stored on server for 7 days and after 7 days, it might be overwriiten by another key. Despite of it's all claims, you should not get tricked by it because like other ransom note, it is also untrusted one. Instead of beliving on scary ransom note, you must opt an immediate Wiki Ransomware removal instruction.
Safety Tricks To Protect System Against Wiki Ransomware
- Make sure that you are doing operation carefully.
- Create a backup of your all system files.
- Be patient while conducting online operation.
- Never visit any hacked or unsafe domain.
- Keep your installed application and Windows OS up-to-date etc.