Researchers Report On Torpig
Torpig is another malicious malware capable to steal user's sensitive information. It has been active in the cyber world since 2005 and till now, it has compromised wide range of Windows machine. This malware can be also known as Sinowal or Anserin family which is mainly responsible for extorting user's all personal detail including banking login details, credit as well as debit card details, password, bank account details, contact address and several other personal detail. Upon the in-depth analysis, it was estimated to attack 500,000 online bank account at ten years ago and it also managed to retrieve user's login detail at 410 institutions for 8,310 accounts. Torpig is not only just a malware that ruin machine but also capable to endangers privacy.
Threat Profile of Torpig
- Name – Torpig
- Alias – Sinowal or Anserin
- Type – Trojan
- Danger Level – Severe
- Active Since – 2015
- Related – KimJongRAT, BabyShark, Backdoor.SDBot etc.
- Executable File – regscanr.exe
- Affected Systems – Windows 32 & 64
- Deletion – Possible, to get rid of Torpig, user's must use Windows Scanner Tool.
Harmful Characteristics of Torpig
- Drops several malicious malware
- Alters user's data stored on PC
- Steals user's sensitive data
- Disables security measures and anti-virus application
- Permits attacks to access PC
- Downpours overall system's working speed etc.
Main Source of Torpig Attack
Torpig is a malicious malware that uses various illegal tactics to infect machine but it mainly spreads via spam emails that include malicious .doc or .docx attachment. Such a payload is capable to enable the Macros on targeted machine. By sending a dubious attachment in user's inbox and urging them into opening them, it attacks Windows machine. Besides, it also compromises Windows machine via exploit kits, outdated Java version, Flash player, drive-by-downloads, pirated software, fake software updater and many more. This malware doesn't need permission of user's to get inside the machine. But after penetrating inside the machine successfully, it causes endless issues. So, removal of Torpig is essential immediately after detecting it's any harmful symptom.
Safeguard Tricks To Avoid PC Against Torpig Attack
- Keep your software and application up-to-date regularly.
- Avoid to open any unknown or spam emails.
- Be cautious while performing online operation.
- Never use any untrusted sources to download any packages.
- Keep a backup copy of your data as well as files regularly.
- Never visit any unknown or untrusted site.
- Don't click on unknown advertisement or link.
- Always surf the web carefully and much more.
Easy Steps To Remove Torpig Manually
Torpig is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Torpig.
Torpig Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Torpigfrom it.
Torpig Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Torpig and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Torpig and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Torpig From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Torpig files then remove it immediately.
Torpig Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Torpig Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Torpig and other associated program and click trash bin.
Torpig Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Torpig and other associated program and click Remove button.
Torpig Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Torpig and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Buttons.