Pup.optional.ask : What is it?
Pup.optional.ask is an ad-supported advertising platform designed by an Adware developer to promote the third-party adverts. There are several adware infection available on Internet but this term mainly refers to the object of browser hijacking that capable to make Ask.com which also identified as Ask Jeeves. At the first glimpse, it seems as a regular search engine but it aims to drop several PUP and PUA on targeted Windows machine. Similar to other potentially unwanted program, it proliferates inside the Windows PC secretly and then set the default search engine as well as new tab page immediate to the 'Search Ask Search'. Then after, it provides the several browser redirection, misleading result and endless annoying adverts notification to users screen. It's presence is really harmful for targeted machine. This is why, deletion of Pup.optional.ask is essential.
|Pup.optional.ask : Threat Summary|
|Name of Threat||Pup.optional.ask|
|Type||Potentially Unwanted Program, Adware|
|Promoted As||Browser Hijacking Tool|
|Related||PUP.Optional.InstallCore, PUP.Adware.COINWEBMINING, PUP.Multitimer etc.|
|Primary Aim||Hijack users all browser and use them for generating online revenue.|
|Removal Solution||For the successful removal of Pup.optional.ask and other nasty adware, system users are highly advised to scan PC with highly advanced Windows Scanner Tool.|
How does Pup.optional.ask compromise users PC?
Pup.optional.ask is a type of potentially unwanted program that gets inside the user's Windows machine silently via bundling method. Actually, this installation method is a dubious and deceptive tactic used by hackers to trick system users into downloading & installing of freeware packages and stuffs including audio, video clips, images, games, PDFs, apps and many more. It's developer often hide it's payload within the advance or custom option that skipped by several users in hurry while performing installation procedure. Downloading of any package using Default/Standard installation mode may lead you to Pup.optional.ask infection. Additionally, it can compromise your machine via spam emails, malicious links, P2P file sharing network, contaminated device, suspicious ads, malicious links and so on.
What are the preventive measures to protect PC against Pup.optional.ask?
- Keep yourself a fair distance or away from the unprotected sources.
- Always opt the correct download/installation option means Advanced/Custom instead of Standard/Default option.
- Always opt official site and trusted sources to download any program.
- Must read EULA, terms & conditions and installation guide carefully.
- Avoid to click on any suspicious or malicious link.
Easy Steps To Remove Pup.optional.ask Manually
Pup.optional.ask is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Pup.optional.ask.
Pup.optional.ask Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Pup.optional.askfrom it.
Pup.optional.ask Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Pup.optional.ask and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Pup.optional.ask and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Pup.optional.ask From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Pup.optional.ask files then remove it immediately.
Pup.optional.ask Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Pup.optional.ask Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Pup.optional.ask and other associated program and click trash bin.
Pup.optional.ask Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Pup.optional.ask and other associated program and click Remove button.
Pup.optional.ask Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Pup.optional.ask and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Buttons.