1BTC Ransomware : Latest Variant of Dharma Ransomware
1BTC Ransomware or LockCrypt Ransomware attack has been surfaced over the Internet widely. After getting it's sample, most of the users think that it is a new ransomware. Actually it is right but only partially means it is not a completely new ransomware. Actually, it's developer made this new ransomware by using source code of infamous Dharma Ransomware family. So, it can be also identified as a new member of Dharma family. Similar to the predecessor member of Dharma, it victimized lots of Windows users and earn online money from them.
Quick Analysis View On 1BTC Ransomware
- Name of Threat – 1BTC Ransomware
- Variant of – Dharma Ransomware
- Category – Ransomware
- Risk Impact – High
- Affected PCs – Windows 32 & 64
- File Extension – .1BTC
- Ransom Note – FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
- Contact Address – [email protected]
Actions Performed By 1BTC Ransomware On Targeted PCs
Once Windows PC gets contaminated with 1BTC Ransomware then it will scanned users PC and then after locate user's files including audio or video clips, images, databases, documents, PDFs and much more. Upon the successful file encryption, it makes all affected files inaccessible or no longer openable. You can identify the targeted objects easily because after encryption, it modifies the targeted files name by adding .1BTC Ransomware file extension. As soon as, it completes the file encryption procedure it delivers a ransom note and ask victim to contact with it's developer via [email protected] email address. But expert's always recommended users to stay away from 1BTC Ransomware creators. In order to decrypt your all valuable files, you can use a backup copy but in case if you want to keep them safe for longer time then you must opt 1BTC Ransomware removal instruction immediately after noticing of it's any harmful symptom.
Tricks To Avoid PC Against 1BTC Ransomware
Since, 1BTC Ransomware is a new ransomware so it's propagation method is currently unknown. But upon the in-depth analysis, expert's revealed that like other Dharma Ransomware, it penetrates inside the machine silently via massive spam email campaigns, fraudulent or fake application updates, infected peripheral devices, pirated or fake software updater, drive-by-downloads and much more. To keep System safe against 1BTC Ransomware attack, you must opt these safeguard tips including :
- Be attentive while surfing web.
- Don't open any massive email campaigns.
- Never visit any unknown or hacked website.
- Avoid yourself from clicking on any unknown advert.
- Keep a backup copy of your installed application or file regularly.
Easy Steps To Remove 1BTC Ransomware Manually
1BTC Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of 1BTC Ransomware.
1BTC Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove 1BTC Ransomwarefrom it.
1BTC Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select 1BTC Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select 1BTC Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete 1BTC Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any 1BTC Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
1BTC Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
1BTC Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select 1BTC Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
1BTC Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select 1BTC Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
1BTC Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select 1BTC Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.