Koko Ransomware : One of The Worst Ransomware Infection
Koko Ransomware has been also identified as a KoKoKrypt virus that belongs to the crypto ransomware category. The name of this ransomware is based on e-mail address used by it's developers to contact with victims. Like other ransomware, it proliferates inside the PC and after that it runs through user files and lock them efficiently and quickly. With this ransomware, only Windows system files are affected, so they really need to be cautious. After entering inside the machine, it immediately start to conduct notorious actions and fulfill their wrong intention means extorting money from victims. So, you must opt Koko Ransomware removal instruction after detecting it's appearances.
|Threat Summary of Koko Ransomware|
|Alias||Koko Locker, KoKoKrypt virus|
|Category||Crypto ransomware, Ransomware|
|Affected PCs||All version of Windows OS|
|Related||Vault Ransomware, Verasto Ransomware, Nasoh Ransomware etc.|
|File Extension||.koko or .kokolocker|
|Email Address||[email protected] and [email protected]|
|Primary Aim||Koko Ransomware is a worst ransomware infection capable to lock users files and then extort money from victim.|
|Deletion||Possible, regarding the deletion of Koko Ransomware completely, scan PC with effective Windows Scanner Tool.|
|Data Recovery||Possible, if somehow your files get corrupt while deleting Koko Ransomware then you must use Windows Scanner Tool.|
Infection Vector of Koko Ransomware
Belonging to the worst crypto-ransomware family, Koko Ransomware has opted various deceptive channels but some of the most common distribution channels are :
- Spam campaigns that contain malicious attachment.
- Download of any fake or untrusted software installer.
- Use of contaminated or infected device.
- Sharing of system files over peer-to-peer file sharing network.
- Updating of existing application via redirected link and many more.
Instruction To Deal With Koko Ransomware
Koko Ransomware is really worst ransomware infection which doesn't need to establish the connection to C&C server to start the file encryption procedure. This ransomware uses strong RSA and AES encryption algorithm to lock files including databases, media files, text messages, Office documents etc, make them inaccessible and prevent them from accessing their files. It's targeted files includes .koko or .kokolocker file extension.
Upon the successful encryption, it drops a ransom note and asks victims for 0.1 BTC exchange for getting the unique file decryption key. However, it is not guarantee that you will get the decryption tool even contacting with Koko Ransomware developers and paying ransom fee. To get your files back, you can use backup but to keep your system files and data safe for longer time, you must follow the Koko Ransomware removal instruction immediately.
Easy Steps To Remove Koko Ransomware Manually
Koko Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Koko Ransomware.
Koko Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Koko Ransomwarefrom it.
Koko Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Koko Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Koko Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Koko Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Koko Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
Koko Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Koko Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Koko Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
Koko Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Koko Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
Koko Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Koko Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.