KICK Ransomware : Another Variant of Dharma Ransomware
These days, a new crypto malware named KICK Ransomware has been spotted by malware researchers which can be also identified as .KICK files virus. The name of this ransomware is derived from it's file extension because it uses .KICK extension to rename the targeted files. If you think that it is completely a new ransomware then you are wrong because it belongs to infamous Dharma Ransomware family. It's developer uses the source code of Dharma and make some modification to create this new ransomware. Likewise, predecessor Dharma Ransomware, it is designed by team of potential cyber criminals to plague wide range of Windows PC to lock user's fies and extort ransom money from them. The presence of this ransomware will definitely cause lots of serious problems, so must opt the below described KICK Ransomware removal instruction for it's successful deletion.
Summary of KICK Ransomware
- Name – KICK Ransomware
- Type – Crypto-virus, Ransomware
- Variant of – Dharma Ransomware
- Risk Level – High
- Related – .qbext file extension, KARLS Ransomware, Cccmn Ransomware etc.
- Affected PCs – Windows OS
- File Extension – .KICK
- Ransom Note – FILES ENCRYPTED.txt or info.hta
- Contact Address – [email protected]
- File Decryption – Possible, to decrypt your files and get rid of KICK Ransomware, make use of an effective scanner utility.
Distribution Preferences of KICK Ransomware
KICK Ransomware uses several distribution mechanism to compromise user's machine but mainly spreads via malspam campaigns. It's developer often always attempt to deliver it's payload on targeted machine. Such a spam campaign includes malicious code that presented on the user's Inbox in form of attached as well as executable file or the clickable web address. Besides, spear phishing email campaigns, it's developers can also compromise Windows machine via infected sites, compromised software installer, fake software updater, file sharing network, torrent sites and much more.
Harmful Effects Related To KICK Ransomware
- Affects the major Computer component settings.
- Make modification to default settings of browser and Internet.
- Initiates file encryption using strong encipher algorithm.
- Target almost all system files and makes them no longer openable.
- Lock victim's file by adding .KICK extension.
- Automatically creates various duplicate files, shortcuts or folders.
- Makes gateway for intrusion of other malicious malware.
- Prevents victim from opening of corrupt file or accessing PC normally.
- Drops a ransom message and ask victim to contact with it's developer.
- Disables security measures to avoid detection & removal of KICK Ransomware.
Easy Steps To Remove KICK Ransomware Manually
KICK Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of KICK Ransomware.
KICK Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove KICK Ransomwarefrom it.
KICK Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select KICK Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select KICK Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete KICK Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any KICK Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
KICK Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
KICK Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select KICK Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
KICK Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select KICK Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
KICK Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select KICK Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.