FTCODE Ransomware : New Member of Ransomware Family
These days, an old PowerShell Ransomware has resurfaced to attack the Italian recipients named FTCODE Ransomware. This ransomware is completely based on the PowerShell which as a result it locks user's system files without downloading and installing any additional components on users machine. Since, it belongs to the ransomware family, so it follows the file encryption procedure after penetrating inside the machine successfully. Yes, you heard right.
Being a data as well as file locking malware, it locks entire user generated objects as well as files including images, videos, audio files, spreadsheets, documents, PDF etc. Upon locking files, it will rename the original file name by adding .ftcode file extension and then after drops a ransom note named READ_ME_NOW.htm. See how does the ransom note of FTCODE Ransomware looks like :
Summary of FTCODE Ransomware
- Name – FTCODE Ransomware
- Type – File Encrypting Virus, Data Locking Malware, Ransomware
- Risk Impact – High
- Targeted OS – Windows PC
- Similar To – .exo files ransomware, M3gac0rtx Ransomware, Pack14 Ransomware etc.
- Extension Used – .ftcode
- Ransom Note – READ_ME_NOW.htm
- Ransom Amount – Varies if you don't pay within ultimate time.
- File Decryption – Possible
Common Infection Vectors of FTCODE Ransomware
- Spam emails that include the macro labeled documents.
- Fake or pirated version of System software.
- Fraudulent updates of existing application.
- Bundled of shareware or cost-free packages.
- Contaminated devices, gambling sites, exploit kits, P2P file sharing sources etc.
In-Depth Information of Ransom Note
As soon as FTCODE Ransomware performs the encryption procedure successfully, it drops an HTML file in which team of cyber hackers instructs victim on how to download & install TOR browser. Because the payment procedure of this ransomware is carried out on the TOR based payment portal. In the ransom note, hackers clearly state that you have to pay ransom fee of $500 within first 3 days of ransomware attack. But somehow, if you fails to pay ransom fee within provided ultimate time the cost of ransom fee will start to increase periodically. Yes, it is true. The ransom fee will increase in this way :
- Between 3 to 5 days, ransom cost gets increased upto $2,500
- Between 5 to 10 days, you have to pay about $5,000
- Between 10 to 30 days of FTCODE Ransomware attack, you have to pay $25,000.
Despites of it's all claims, you should not trust cyber hackers. Hackers of FTCODE Ransomware doesn't provide any assurance to offer file decryption key even paying ransom demanded fee. So, you must follow the FTCODE Ransomware removal instruction instead of believing on it.
Easy Steps To Remove FTCODE Ransomware Manually
FTCODE Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of FTCODE Ransomware.
FTCODE Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove FTCODE Ransomwarefrom it.
FTCODE Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select FTCODE Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select FTCODE Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete FTCODE Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any FTCODE Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
FTCODE Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
FTCODE Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select FTCODE Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
FTCODE Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select FTCODE Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
FTCODE Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select FTCODE Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.