As we all know that hacking campaigns have all end sorts of goal such as causing international destruction, collecting money or simply wreaking havoc for a laugh. Some hackers use their skills to collect information about users data which can be used in harmful operations. Likewise, this is the case begin with the SOUNDWAVE malware. This threat is especially belongs to the arsenal of the ScarCruft hacking group. This particular group consists of highly skilled individuals which hails from North Korea and it is also known as APT37 (Advanced Persistent Threat). Cyber security experts still believe that the ScarCruft hacking group is still working for the North Korean government and it is mostly used as an attack vector against perceived enemies of the regime. This tells why most of the victims of the APT37's threatening campaigns are South Korean. This hacking group is well known to attack individuals on high ranking positions and military or government related organizations.
The malware in question today that operates on the down low and it isn't meant to be destructive to the host. It serves as a useful tool in espionage related operations. The SOUNDWAVE malware is capable of infiltrating a targeted computer system, hijacking the microphone of the victim and use it to record audio. The malware ensures to connect to its operators Command and Control (C&C) server. As, this means of receiving commands from the ScarCruft hacking group. The SOUNDWAVE malware is also capable of recording audio upto 100 minutes. Unlike, other hacking tools coming from the APT37 group's arsenal, this malware doesn't have any additional capabilities and it only serves as a reconnaissance tool.
The ScarCruft hacking group is expanding its arsenal of tools very rapidly and it will continue wreaking havoc and making headlines in the future.
Some Tips To Stay Away From SOUNDWAVE malware
Never try to open any email attachment that looks suspicious to you. Never try to visit any pornographic website. Always try to use an anti-virus and scan your PC completely.
Easy Steps To Remove SOUNDWAVE malware Manually
SOUNDWAVE malware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of SOUNDWAVE malware.
SOUNDWAVE malware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove SOUNDWAVE malwarefrom it.
SOUNDWAVE malware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select SOUNDWAVE malware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select SOUNDWAVE malware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete SOUNDWAVE malware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any SOUNDWAVE malware files then remove it immediately.
SOUNDWAVE malware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
SOUNDWAVE malware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select SOUNDWAVE malware and other associated program and click trash bin.
SOUNDWAVE malware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select SOUNDWAVE malware and other associated program and click Remove button.
SOUNDWAVE malware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select SOUNDWAVE malware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Buttons.