|Virus Name:||Defend Search|
|Virus Type:||Browser Hijacker|
More details will be displayed in the following article.
If you want to save time, please directly skip to the easy guide to remove Defend Search.
You can directly download the anti-virus tool here:
Defend Search is a new term that has been added by security expert under browser hijacker category but in just a short period of time, it targets numerous PC worldwide. If somehow your browser has been compromised by Defend Search and you really want to delete it then keep reading this post and follow the Defend Search removal solution as in exact order.
Detailed Information of Defend Search
Defend Search is a search domain that seems as a trusted one at the first glimpse because it claims System user to defend their search. After believing on it's fake claims or promises, most of the users easily tricked by it and they decided to use it to search their queries. If you are also tricked by it and think that it is a real one then it is a worst decision of your whole life because in reality Defend Search is not trusted at all. Upon the in-depth analysis, experts revealed that Defend Search has a very close relation with a browser hijacker. So, you should not trust on it or tricked by it's legitimate look as well as fake claims.
Reasons For Listing Defend Search Under Browser Hijacker Category
The team of security experts are listed Defend Search under BH category based on it's notorious actions. It automatically replaces users homepage or default search engine to "http://defendsearch.com/?q=" and attacks users all well known browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Yahoo, Safari and many more. It also alters your Windows registry items, start-up section and many more settings without your awareness.
This browser hijacker is capable to loads your browsers with several browser add-ons, toolbars, plug-ins or suspicious codes and lead you to third-party site. Specifically, Defend Search is used by cyber criminals to deliver endless adverts and earn online money from them. To avoid personal data from damage and having a better online experience, users must delete Defend Search instantly from their PC after getting it's any harmful signs.
Infiltration Methods of Defend Search
Defend Search often spreads as a form of toolbar that bundled along with shareware or freeware packages. When System users download any shareware packages then it automatically gets inside the PC without users awareness. To avoid PC having Defend Search or other browser hijacker, it is highly advised to be cautious while downloading any package and they must opt Advanced/Custom option instead of Default/Typical one.
Easy Steps To Remove Defend Search Manually
Defend Search is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Defend Search.
Defend Search Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Defend Searchfrom it.
Defend Search Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Defend Search and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Defend Search and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Defend Search From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Defend Search files then remove it immediately.
Defend Search Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Defend Search Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Defend Search and other associated program and click trash bin.
Defend Search Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Defend Search and other associated program and click Remove button.
Defend Search Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Defend Search and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Buttons.