Introduction To DCOM Ransomware
DCOM Ransomware is a newly spotted file encrypting ransomware that was firstly discovered by the most famous malware researcher named Petrovic that belongs to the leading family called GlobeImposter. This uses a powerful encrypting algorithms like symmetric or asymmetric crypto-graphy for encrypting the confidential data of the users that are stored on the victimized computer system. It may affects several types of Browser Search Engines such as Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome etc and different Operating System which is based on Windows such as Win 32/64, 7, XP, 10, Vista, 8/8.1 etc. The prime motive of creating such malware threat by the con artists is to withdraw tremendous amount of ransom money
Significances Of DCOM Ransomware
DCOM Ransomware is a file locking ransomware that can easily infiltrated into the victimized system by using some malicious ways like fake software updater, untrustworthy downloading sources, pornographic or adult sites, free file hosting websites, email spam campaigns, reading junked e-mail attachments, hacked executable files, fake invoices, software bundling method, downloading torrents websites, peer to peer file sharing network, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, download free things from untrusted websites, corrupted external drives, online gaming server etc. It can efficiently appends the file extension name of each encrypted files by adding .dcom extension as a suffix of file names. Then it drops a ransom demanding note how_to_back_files.txt on the desktop screen of the user’s computer. It also provides the email address of the criminals such as [email protected] or [email protected] for getting all informations regarding payments options.
Ill- Effects Caused By DCOM Ransomware
DCOM Ransomware is a crypto-threat which can easily make huge amount of money from the victim of the infected machines by encrypting all the crucial files then compels them to buy its decryption key in order to gain access for those files. It may deactivates the firewall protection settings as well as anti-virus programs of the contaminated computer system.
How To Remove DCOM Ransomware
If you want to delete DCOM Ransomware from the corrupted machines then its time to opt for manual or automatic removal process.
Easy Steps To Remove DCOM Ransomware Manually
DCOM Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of DCOM Ransomware.
DCOM Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove DCOM Ransomwarefrom it.
DCOM Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select DCOM Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select DCOM Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete DCOM Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any DCOM Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
DCOM Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
DCOM Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select DCOM Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
DCOM Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select DCOM Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
DCOM Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select DCOM Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.