This post is all about Cossy Ransomware, a dangerous Russian file-encrypting malware that locks up infected machine through performing file encryption procedure. To get affected files back or decrypt them, this guide will definitely help you because it includes Cossy Ransomware removal guide and file decryption instruction. So, keep reading this post till the end.
Cossy Ransomware : Identified As A Russian Encrypting Virus
Over the Internet, there are numerous Russian cryptolocker and Cossy Ransomware is one of them that uses RSA-2048 file encryption algorithm to lock users document that are stored on their PCs like audio or video clips, images, documents, spreadsheets, databases, PDFs and many more. After the depth analysis, experts revealed that it is mainly targeting Russian speaking users because it displays ransom note in Russian language but it doesn't mean that later it can not affected other speaking users or other countries user escaped from this attack.
Expert's Analysis Report on Cossy Ransomware
|Threat's Name||Cossy Ransomware|
|Affected PCs||Windows OS|
|Mainly Targeted||Russian speakers|
|Affected PCs||Windows OS|
|Related||[email protected] Ransomware|
|File Extensions||.lnk.Protected, .Protected and .Защищено|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Ransom Amount||50 rubles in BTC|
|Removal||Possible, to delete Cossy Ransomware and decrypt your valuable files, you must use Windows Scanner Tool.|
Working Mechanism of Cossy Ransomware
- Gets inside the PC secretly by following numerous tricky ways.
- Automatically executes an executable file named cossy.exe.
- Performs file encryption procedure and makes targeted files inaccessible.
- Drops a ransom note in Russian language and urges user for paying 50 rubles in BTC.
- Disables all firewall settings and security measures.
- Makes targeted machine weird and slower.
- Urges user to contact with Cossy Ransomware developer via [email protected] email address.
- Prevents you from accessing your System and data normally etc.
Distribution Preferences of Cossy Ransomware
Cossy Ransomware is another dangerous ransomware infection that follows secret intrusion method to penetrate inside the machine but mainly it distributed via spam campaigns and their dubious or rogue System files. Spam emails often includes suspicious attachments that sent by unknown or hackers to user inbox and urges them for opening them. Once user opened those suspicious attachment then their PC gets compromised by Cossy Ransomware. Besides, it can also gets inside the machine via third-party site, malicious links, unsafe domain, bundling method and many more.
Easy Steps To Remove Cossy Ransomware Manually
Cossy Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Cossy Ransomware.
Cossy Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Cossy Ransomwarefrom it.
Cossy Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Cossy Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Cossy Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Cossy Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Cossy Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
Cossy Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Cossy Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Cossy Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
Cossy Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Cossy Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
Cossy Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Cossy Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.