Researchers Report On Torpig
Torpig is another malicious malware capable to steal user's sensitive information. It has been active in the cyber world since 2005 and till now, it has compromised wide range of Windows machine. This malware can be also known as Sinowal or Anserin family which is mainly responsible for extorting user's all personal detail including banking login details, credit as well as debit card details, password, bank account details, contact address and several other personal detail. Upon the in-depth analysis, it was estimated to attack 500,000 online bank account at ten years ago and it also managed to retrieve user's login detail at 410 institutions for 8,310 accounts. Torpig is not only just a malware that ruin machine but also capable to endangers privacy.
Threat Profile of Torpig
- Name – Torpig
- Alias – Sinowal or Anserin
- Type – Trojan
- Danger Level – Severe
- Active Since – 2015
- Related – KimJongRAT, BabyShark, Backdoor.SDBot etc.
- Executable File – regscanr.exe
- Affected Systems – Windows 32 & 64
- Deletion – Possible, to get rid of Torpig, user's must use Windows Scanner Tool.
Harmful Characteristics of Torpig
- Drops several malicious malware
- Alters user's data stored on PC
- Steals user's sensitive data
- Disables security measures and anti-virus application
- Permits attacks to access PC
- Downpours overall system's working speed etc.
Main Source of Torpig Attack
Torpig is a malicious malware that uses various illegal tactics to infect machine but it mainly spreads via spam emails that include malicious .doc or .docx attachment. Such a payload is capable to enable the Macros on targeted machine. By sending a dubious attachment in user's inbox and urging them into opening them, it attacks Windows machine. Besides, it also compromises Windows machine via exploit kits, outdated Java version, Flash player, drive-by-downloads, pirated software, fake software updater and many more. This malware doesn't need permission of user's to get inside the machine. But after penetrating inside the machine successfully, it causes endless issues. So, removal of Torpig is essential immediately after detecting it's any harmful symptom.
Safeguard Tricks To Avoid PC Against Torpig Attack
- Keep your software and application up-to-date regularly.
- Avoid to open any unknown or spam emails.
- Be cautious while performing online operation.
- Never use any untrusted sources to download any packages.
- Keep a backup copy of your data as well as files regularly.
- Never visit any unknown or untrusted site.
- Don't click on unknown advertisement or link.
- Always surf the web carefully and much more.