GozNym virus : Another Worst Banking Trojan
GozNym virus is not a new name in the cyber crime world. Since 2016, it has been known as a banking Trojan that mainly targeted the financial as well as businesses institutions in several countries. Upon the depth analysis on it's sample, team of security experts are identified it as a modified malware that mainly uses Nymaim and Ursnif malware programs in order to steal the money from credit unions, banks and several other platforms. Such a malicious virus has been specifically designed by hackers that mainly combine the functionality of banking malware or dropper in order to achieve their goal means stealing of money from several accounts. Since 2016, the developers of this malware has gained more than the $100 million victims across the entire or global world.
GozNym virus : Threat Profile
- Name of Threat – GozNym virus
- Category – Banking Malware, Trojan
- Risk Level – Very High
- Spotted In – April 2016
- Related Trojan – HOPLIGHT Trojan, Retefe Trojan, Cobian Trojan etc.
- Mainly Targeted – Financial companies, services and Large businesses
- Description – GozNym virus is a malicious malware that mainly combines the qualities of dropper or ransomware with banking malware.
- Deletion – Possible, to get rid of GozNym virus make use of Windows Scanner Tool.
Transmission Tendencies of GozNym virus
GozNym virus is known as a hybrid malware that mainly spreads or distributed via spam email campaigns. It's developers often send the GozNym virus related emails into users inbox by looking as legitimate emails from the companies, services, businesses. Once system users received the infected system file attachment or the dubious link then it redirects victim to the malicious or unsafe domain mainly controlled by the hackers. Besides this, your Windows PC may also get contaminated via bundling method, torrent attacker, file sharing network, unsafe domain, pirated software etc. Once it proliferates inside the machine successfully, it causes series of serious troubles. So, permanent deletion of GozNym virus is highly essential.
Malevolent Actions Performed By GozNym virus On Targeted PCs
- Infect victim's PC and record the online banking credentials of victims.
- Gain unauthorized access to the victim's bank accounts online.
- Steals users money and launders those money using foreign and U.S. Beneficiary bank accounts.
- Opens backdoor and inject lots of malicious threats inside the targeted PC.
- Highly consumes resources and degrades performance speed.
- Disables all security measures to avoid detection & deletion of GozNym virus.