Recently, team of malware researchers have spotted or detected a new ransomware named Orion Ransomware. If you are a regular Computer user and want to know about this newly detected ransomware completely then go through this expert's guidelines.
Threat Summary of Orion Ransomware
- Name – Orion Ransomware
- Variant of – Major Ransomware
- Threat Type – Ransomware, File encrypting virus
- Risk Impact – High
- Related – .cryptes File Extension Ransomware, KCW Ransomware, ACCDFISA v2.0 Ransomware etc.
- File Extension – .orion
- Ransom Note – READ_ME.txt
- Contact Address – [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]
- Occurrences – Torrent site, drive-by-downloads, infected email attachments, malicious adverts, hyperlinks etc.
- File Decryption – Possible, regarding the successful removal of Orion Ransomware, you must opt Windows Scanner Tool.
Complete Details of Orion Ransomware
Orion Ransomware is identified as a new variant of Major Ransomware that penetrates inside the machine secretly and after that initiate encryption procedure immediately to extort money from victims. When it infects user machine successfully, it scans PC to initiate malware attack. The primary goal of it's developer is to locate user files and lock them. So, it performs deep scan and lock entire user-generated files including images, videos, audio files, spreadsheets, documents, databases, PDFs and many more. After performing encryption procedure and locking system files, it add .<14 NUMBERS>[email protected] extension.Then after, it drops a text file known as READ_ME.orion which mainly serves as a ransom note.
Know What Ransom Note of Orion Ransomware Says
In the ransom note, developers of Orion Ransomware clearly state that files can be decrypted with a unique file decryption tool. To purchase the file decryption key, user's have to pay ransom fee in BTC but to get the address of BTC's wallet, victims have to contact with it's developer via one of provided email address. In short, file decryption is possible by purchasing decryption key and paying ransom fee. Since, system files as well as data are too much important for individuals. So, most of the victims tricked by it and decided to pay ransom fee. But it is not a wise decision at all. Because like other ransom note, it is only just a tricky thing. So, you must opt Orion Ransomware removal instruction instead of believing on it.
Tricks To Protect PC Against Orion Ransomware
- Never open any suspicious emails or infected attachments.
- Always use official site to download and install any freeware packages.
- Keep your system application and installed programs up-to-date.
- Always scan your OS and application on regular basis.
- Do a backup of system files as well as data regularly.
- Be patient while doing any operation on Internet.
- Never visit any suspicious looking or hacked domain etc.