Brief Overview on Puma Ransomware
These days, a new ransomware has been identified by malware researchers named Puma Ransomware. After the in-depth analysis on its sample, researchers revealed that it is an updated variant of the infamous STOP Ransomware that designed to lock user data as well as file and make ransom demands. If somehow your PC gets infected with Puma Ransomware then it will block Windows Task Manager and prevents you from closing its malicious process. During file encryption, it renames the targeted file by adding unique .puma file extension and after that it generates a ransom note in text file format named !readme.txt.
Quick Glance on Puma Ransomware
|Threat Name||Puma Ransomware|
|Threat Type||File Encrypting malware, Crypto-virus|
|Variant of||STOP Ransomware|
|Alloted Time Period||72 hours|
|Email Address||[email protected] or [email protected]|
|Removal Solution||Install Windows Scanner Tool, to get rid of Puma Ransomware from infected Windows PC.|
Infection Method of Puma Ransomware
Still it is unclear that how exactly Puma Ransomware enters inside the PC but since it is a variant of STOP Ransomware so most of the experts assumed that it also spread via one of the most popular distribution channel known as spam campaigns. Hackers often uses spam email campaigns as a tool to distribute Puma Ransomware infection vis like or email attachment. Cyber criminals sends emails that includes malicious attachment, Microsoft office document, PDF files, archive files, executable files and so on by hoping that user will open them. Once user opened spam attachment or link then their PC easily gets victimized by Puma Ransomware.
Malevolent Actions of Puma Ransomware
After penetrating inside the machine, it immediately blocks security measures and initiate file encryption procedure. It locks users all file types then drops a ransom note entitled as !readme.txt that includes a message that all files are locked and users must pay ransom fee. Even hackers offer discount of 50% if System users contact with hacker within 72 hours. In ransom note, it clearly mentioned that hackers must contact with them via [email protected] or [email protected] email address. But since hackers are untrusted so users must follow Puma Ransomware removal guide instead of purchasing unique file decryption key.
Easy Steps To Remove Puma Ransomware Manually
Puma Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Puma Ransomware.
Puma Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Puma Ransomwarefrom it.
Puma Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Puma Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Puma Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Puma Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Puma Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
Puma Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Puma Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Puma Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
Puma Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Puma Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
Puma Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Puma Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.