Researchers Report On Tiny.z
Tiny.z is a term used by hackers to describe the malicious malware targeting the Android devices. Upon the in-depth analysis on the sample of this malware attack, expert's revealed that it is an Android banking malware. The developers of this malware often offered $2,000 as monthly subscription on several hacking forums. Despite of it's high price, it is a well popular and the potent hacking utility used by the group of cyber criminals to attack wide range of Android users.
It is mainly designed and created by the infamous Russian based hacking group known as Cron. Originally, it is operated in Russia but in year 2016, it's developers had decided to spread it across the other countries. This malware is mainly known for attacking all banks around the globe and conducting the threatening activities in several countries including United Kingdom, United States, France, Germany, Australia and several other countries.
Notorious Capabilities of Tiny.z
- Looks for the banking applications that present on your device.
- Insert the fake overlay on banking application.
- Gathers users all personal as well as banking detail and forwarded them to attacker.
- Downpours overall performance speed of Android OS by eating up too much resources.
- Inserts several malicious malware or infection after opening backdoor etc.
Tricks To Protect Your PC Against Tiny.z
Tiny.z belongs to worst banking malware which doesn't only capable to ruin your experience on device but also puts your privacy at high risk. There are lots of safeguard measures through which you can protect your Android device against Tiny.z but before knowing about precaution measures, you must know about about it's distribution channels.
The creators of Tiny.z often send it's payload via phishing emails and the dubious text message. Besides, it's developers uses the fake copies of most popular Android application as well as software to trick novice users into downloading and installing Tiny.z onto their PCs. Additionally, it can compromise your Android device via bundling method, pirated software, hacked website, contaminated device, P2P file sharing network, unsafe domain etc.
There are lots of distribution channels used by Tiny.z, but you can prevent it's attack by opting some safeguard tricks including :
- Pay too much attention while installing any application on your Android device.
- Never believe on application or message arrived from untrusted or unverified sources.
- Avoid to visit third-party, hacked or gambling site.
- Keep your all application and software up-to-date.
- Always use Advanced/Custom installation option and many more.