A Short Note On MongoLock Ransomware
MongoLock Ransomware was firstly identified in September 2018 and recently got updated in December 2018. The cyber threat is classified under the ransomware Trojan family and this malware got its name because of the con artist scanned the MongoDB servers while browsing over Internet. It is able to affects various number of Windows Operating System such as XP, 8, 8.1, Vista, 10, 7 etc. as well as several Web Browser Search Engines such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge etc. The Prime aim of designing this malicious threat by the cyber crooks is to withdraw tremendous amount of illegal money from the innocent victimized users of the infected machine.
Indication Of MongoLock Ransomware
MongoLock Ransomware is a devastating kind of cryptovirus that can encrypts all the confidential files such as .html, .png, .jpeg, .doc, .txt, images, audio-video, documents, .docx, .ppt, games etc of the system using very sophisticated powerful encryption algorithms. It can secretly gets penetrated into the targeted machine using malicious channels like untrustworthy third party software, audio- video ads, freeware, file sharing network, downloading torrent, junked email, software bundling method, email spam campaigns, fake software updater, contaminated external drives, cracked softwares, free file hosting websites, online gaming sites, suspicious pop-up ads, untrustworthy downloading sources etc. It can append the encrypted file name using .MongoLock File Extension and drops a ransom note in Warning.txt format on the system screen of the victim in demanding a ransom amount of about 0.1 BTC which has to be paid through using crypto-cureency like Bitcoin. It also provides the contact email address [email protected] of the cyber criminals.
Harmful Aspects Of MongoLock Ransomware
MongoLock Ransomware is a crypto-malware that targets the Windows Operating System and diverts many malicious threats to be downloaded into the machine without user authorizations. It locks down all the files that are very much important to the user and also stops the working of default security measures like firewall application and antivirus programs of the affected PCs.
Blocking Of MongoLock Ransomware
If you detected that your machine has got infected by a malware attack like MongoLock Ransomware the best suitable way for deleting this threat from the affected system by using either automatic or manual techniques.
Easy Steps To Remove MongoLock Ransomware Manually
MongoLock Ransomware is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of MongoLock Ransomware.
MongoLock Ransomware Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove MongoLock Ransomwarefrom it.
MongoLock Ransomware Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select MongoLock Ransomware and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select MongoLock Ransomware and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete MongoLock Ransomware From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any MongoLock Ransomware files then remove it immediately.
MongoLock Ransomware Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
MongoLock Ransomware Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select MongoLock Ransomware and other associated program and click trash bin.
MongoLock Ransomware Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select MongoLock Ransomware and other associated program and click Remove button.
MongoLock Ransomware Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select MongoLock Ransomware and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.