Known Facts About Search.smacklek.com
Search.smacklek.com is a deceptive malware threat that has been categorized into the Browser Hijacker family. It can be detected as JS.SMACKLEK which is a questionable search engine whose main purpose is to hijacks the default working browser of the infected sytsem. It may pollutes many Web Browser Search Engines like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Google Chrome etc as well as many Windows Operating System like 7, 8, 8.1, Vista, 10, XP etc The Domain Name is smacklek.com and Registrar Name is GoDaddy.com, LLC which was Registered on 16-02-2015 and also Updated on 17-02-2018. Its Registry Domain ID is 1903265252_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN and its Status is maintained as clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited their Server Names are ns-117.awsdns-14.com, ns-1218.awsdns-24.org, ns-1941.awsdns-50.co.uk, ns-781.awsdns-33.net. It is a web domain which has been governed by the Smacklek a.k.a Smacklek Downloader and Smacklek Installer.
Working Principles Of Search.smacklek.com
Search.smacklek.com is a malicious programming application is described as a delivery and installation platform that can able to execute as well as improves the downloading of software. It has been developed and published by ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) as presented on the www.smacklek.com/eula. It can penetrated into the compromised system using pornographic sites, email spam campaigns, fake software updater, cracked or pirated softwares, free file hosting websites, online gaming sites, suspicious pop-up ads, untrustworthy downloading sources, contaminated external drives, untrustworthy third party software downloaders, audio- video ads, freeware, downloading torrents, junked email, software bundling method, peer to peer file sharing network and many more.
Limitations Of Search.smacklek.com
Search.smacklek.com is a shady web domain which is very harmful because it gradually interrupts the browsing experiences of the user while on the compromised system. It may disables all the security applications like anti-virus programs and firewall protection mechanism also. It may modifies the default browser settings and always gets redirected towards some malicious website links.
Removal Of Search.smacklek.com
To take away the presence of this Search.smacklek.com malware from the affected system it is strictly advisable to utilize respectable techniques either manual or automatic methods for removing cyber threats.
Easy Steps To Remove Search.smacklek.com Manually
Search.smacklek.com is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of Search.smacklek.com.
Search.smacklek.com Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove Search.smacklek.comfrom it.
Search.smacklek.com Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select Search.smacklek.com and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select Search.smacklek.com and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete Search.smacklek.com From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any Search.smacklek.com files then remove it immediately.
Search.smacklek.com Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
Search.smacklek.com Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select Search.smacklek.com and other associated program and click trash bin.
Search.smacklek.com Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select Search.smacklek.com and other associated program and click Remove button.
Search.smacklek.com Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select Search.smacklek.com and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Buttons.