About AdLoad Malware In Detail
AdLoad Malware is mainly a Trojan downloader which is designed to download various trojan viruses. Cyber researchers are unable to provide any specific information regarding what it does, due to the generic nature of this threat. AdLoad Malware does the following behavior on any computer system once it infected.
- It downloads and installs other malware on your computer system.
- It uses your computer system for fraud clicks.
- It records your keystrokes as well as the sites you visit.
- It sends various information about your computer system including usernames and web browsing history to a remote malicious hacker.
- It gives access to a remote malicious hacker to your computer system.
- It advertises banners which are injected with the webpages that you're visiting.
- It turns your webpage text into hyperlinks randomly.
- It shows web browser popups which recommend other software or fake updates.
AdLoad Malware is mainly distributed through several means such as through legitimate websites or malicious websites that have been hacked will infect your computer machine through exploit kits that use vulnerabilities on your computer system to install this AdLoad Malware without your knowledge or permission.
Another method which is used to propagate this AdLoad malware is by spam email containing infected attachments or links to malicious websites. The cyber criminals spam out an email with fake header information tricking you into believing that it is especially from a shipping company like FedEx or DHL. This AdLoad Malware is manually downloaded by tricking the user into thinking that they are installing a useful piece of software like a bogus update for Adobe Flash Player or another piece of software.
It is a Trojan downloader that commonly distributes other malware infections to the compromised PC. It spreads through damaging dropper disguised looks as a fraudulent codec. It contracts a remote server named remote host at open capture.co.kr through port 80. The connection is basically used to announce cyber criminals regarding the loader's successful landing and for guiding AdLoad Malware on other websites inorder to contact with the view of representing additional malware threats. It is also used to promote as well as sell fake security applications.
Preventive Measures For AdLoad Malware
Pay attention always while installing any new software application on your computer system. It is because a software installer often includes optional installs. So, be very careful for what you agree to install on PC. Opt for the custom installation always and deselect anything that looks unfamiliar to you especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install at first place.