Get More Knowledge on .MTXLOCK File Virus
.MTXLOCK File Virus is a newly-developed file-encoder ransomware virus infection which is identified as a new variant of Matrix Ransomware. In this new variant, security researchers have found small modification that encrypts the affected file name by adding a weird extension i.e. '.MTXLOCK'. Cyber security researchers have reported this threat in the first week of May 2018, but the initial version of this malware was found in the first week of April 2018. The main idea of the hackers behind the release of this ransomware is that most of the anti-virus program can pick up and removed the earlier version of .MTXLOCK File Virus.
Therefore, cyber criminals responsible for this attack released the modified version and setup a new 'Command and Control' server in order to store the decryption key receive directly from the affected machines. To make the victim's files inaccessible, the threat uses AES-256 ciphers and encrypts them by adding '.MTXLOCK' suffix. What's more, .MTXLOCK File Virus also has the ability to remove the System Restore points and delete the Shadow Volumes copies especially created by Windows. However, the affected computer remain stable and can be operated as well because the ransomware only encrypts the user-generated files. In addition to that, the malware is associated with some email addresses identified as 'RestoreFile2018@gmail.com' and 'RestoreFile@yahoo.com'.
Dealing with .MTXLOCK File Virus
After successfully encoding the targeted files types saved on victim's PC, the .MTXLOCK File Virus displays a ransom notification reported as '#Decrypt_files_ReadMe#.rtf' onto the system's desktop where the users may notice a different email address i.e. 'RestoreFile@yahoo.com' for contacting the hackers. However, security experts at CPM never recommend you to contact the racketeers and do not endorse complying with the ransom amounts laid by notorious hackers. It is strongly advised to use backup copies and other safe data recovery method to rescue the files encoded by this ransomware. However, before proceeding for file restoration, you must delete .MTXLOCK File Virus from your computer. For that purpose, we recommend using a credible anti-malware shield like the one provided below in this article.
Easy Steps To Remove .MTXLOCK File Virus Manually
.MTXLOCK File Virus is indeed a dangerous threat which should be removed from your PC as soon as possible. Below are the some manual steps which helps you to get rid of .MTXLOCK File Virus.
.MTXLOCK File Virus Removal From Control Panel Of Windows 8
1. Select Search from the Top right corner of the screen and then type Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel windows appears, select Uninstall a program under programs and remove .MTXLOCK File Virusfrom it.
.MTXLOCK File Virus Removal From Control panel Of Windows 7/XP And Vista
1. Click On start Button from the task panel of desktop.
2. When control Panel windows appears then select Uninstall a program under Program sections and click on it.
3. Click installed on under Program and features Window.
4. Select .MTXLOCK File Virus and click on Uninstall.
For Windows 10
1. Click start Menu.
2. Click On system Setting.
3. Click on App and Features under system menu.
4. From the List select .MTXLOCK File Virus and click on Uninstall Button.
Delete .MTXLOCK File Virus From Windows Registry
1. Click Start Button from MS registry editor and select Run.
2. Type regedit on Run windows and click OK.
3. List of registry entries will appear and check the program under HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE.. If you see unknown files, type program name with extension in search box . If you find any .MTXLOCK File Virus files then remove it immediately.
.MTXLOCK File Virus Removal From Microsoft Edge
1. Click More(…)->Click Settings->Once address bar opens.
2. Choose a Specific page->once the options opens.
3. Select custom->put URL to see the default homepage and click on the Remove button.
.MTXLOCK File Virus Removal From Google Chrome
1. Go to Chrome Menu Button>Tools>Extensions.
2. Select .MTXLOCK File Virus and other associated program and click trash bin.
.MTXLOCK File Virus Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Open Firefox Menu Button>Select Add-ons>Select .MTXLOCK File Virus and other associated program and click Remove button.
.MTXLOCK File Virus Removal From Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer then click Tools and then Add-on tools and extensions.
2. Select .MTXLOCK File Virus and other malware associated programs>Click Remove Button.