Is there anyone who can tell me how can I delete Zonebac from my infected Windows PC? My antivirus detects it but unable to remove it due to outdated version. Now, I am searching for an appropriate and easy guide through which I can get rid of Zonebac from my Windows PC ASAP. Any working and helpful solution will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance….
Threat's Detail of Zonebac
- Threat's Name – Zonebac
- Category – Trojan
- Danger Level – Very High
- System Affected – Windows OS
- Discovered on – September 15, 2006
- Updated on – February 13, 2007 at 12:58:87 PM
- Primary Goal – Automatically download or install several unwanted malware or software and steal users all personal data with evil intention.
- Occurrences – Torrent downloads, spam campaigns, pirated software, bundling method, infected devices, file sharing sources etc.
- Deletion – Possible, using Windows Scanner Tool.
Descriptive Note on Zonebac
Zonebac is considered as the notorious backdoor type System infection that allows the cyber hackers to conduct several malicious actions on victim's device. It comes in several variant that mainly known for terminating security software and the firewall. Similar to traditional ransomware, it affects Windows PC silently without users awareness and execute it as lsasss.exe in Windows Task Manager. After executing its malicious payload via UPX packer, it allows cyber hackers to upload several applications or installs several malicious malware on hijacked PCs.
Behavior of Zonebac
Once proliferating inside the PC, it immediately starts it malicious processes. It creates 123.pid file in folder of Temporary files and then scans PC to disable firewall and security software. As per the security analyst, it is capable of the self-destruction before security tool can intervene. It adds Lexmark_X74-X755 with lsasss.exe to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and ensured that it will execute with each boot of Windows OS. After that it makes several modifications in System as well as browser configuration settings and do other notorious actions.
Other Negative Traits of Zonebac
- Terminate several malicious processes on affected PC.
- Automatically download or install additional software on PC.
- Gathered and upload several technical as well as sensitive detail to the remote servers.
- Makes affected machine too much slower and weird than before.
- Connects users to remote servers automatically.
- Creates an additional mutex without users awareness.
- Throws several alerts, messages or notifications on users screen etc.